Shri Ram Education envisages schools as vigorous entities that grow organically if they are to be successful in teaching children. To make education relevant we recommend that schools reflect upon themselves and their teaching practice systematically before instituting changes. However, the main problem with this idea is that often, schools are not competent to engage in this exercise, nor do they have the time to devise it. Additionally, it is difficult to have clarity if a school is assessing itself from within, and has to act objectively.
The ‘Who” of Audits.
Who needs audits?
- The Governors /Managing Committee of a school that is seeking validation of their practices.
Who does the Audit?
- The SRNH team which includes experienced educationists, ex-Principals and subject area specialists.
Why audits ?
- To give the school a clear picture of its strengths and areas for improvement.
- To provide a clear snapshot from unbiased professionals.
- To aid planning for school development.
- To give staff an understanding of best practice.
- To promote a culture of transparency and high quality.
- To give substance to school marketing efforts.
How we Audit ?
- Initial questionnaire
- A visit to the school by the Schools Division team over a working week.
- The team then presents a report on the school’s strengths and weaknesses, together with a recommendation for action.
- A school improvement plan is agreed and implemented. The follow up plan for each school is unique to the needs of that school and may even require only internal action. The Schools Division team would outline both internal and external remediation if necessary.
What we audit ?
Typical audit areas:
- School Philosophy and vision
- Curriculum, Teaching and Instructional Practice
- School Staff and welfare
- Teaching and Learning Resources
- Administrative systems such as housekeeping, security, catering, health and safety
- Student Life
- Financial Planning
- School, Parents and Community
- School Guidance Services(for Secondary Schools) such as Careers and pastoral guidance.
- Residential services(for Residential Schools)
- School Governance